The 2019 state meet is shaping up to be a great weekend, and you deserve it after putting in so much hard work for that past five months – ranging from summer runs in the dreadful August heat to chilly outings in the snow this fall. We couldn’t be more excited for this amazing group of Bengals. Believe and be positive!
“You must expect great things from yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
- Friday evening reminders:
- Relax and smile, tomorrow will be fun
- Check that your spikes are all tightly screwed in
- Special note for the girls: Color in any logos or writing (Ex: “NIKE PRO”) on your shorts (other than the small swoosh logo) so they meet MHSA uniform requirements
- Pack for the meet and check your bag twice to ensure you have everything you need (uniform, spikes, team warmup gear, snacks, hydration and clothing for all weather conditions; also bring money for a team meal)
- Eat a dinner you know your body handles well (this is not a good time to change things up)
- Do something to calm your nerves like watching a movie (comedies work great) or by reading a book
- Smile again, remember what got you here, know how proud we all are of you, and most importantly get a good night of sleep
- Bus leave time: 9 a.m. Saturday (Athletes, arrive 15 minutes early so we’re settled and ready to roll.)
- Meet Schedule
- 11:00 am: B-Boys; At conclusion, B Boys’ individual awards
- 11:30 am: C-Boys; At conclusion, C Boys’ individual awards
- 12:00 pm: B-Girls; At conclusion, B Girls’ individual awards and B boys’/girls’ team trophies
- 12:35 pm: C-Girls; At conclusion, C Girls’ individual awards and C boys’/girls’ team trophies
- 1:10 pm: AA-Boys; At conclusion, AA Boys’ individual awards
- 1:40 pm: A-Boys; At conclusion, A Boys’ individual awards
- 2:10 pm: AA-Girls; At conclusion, AA Girls’ individual awards and AA boys’/girls’ team trophies
- 2:45 pm: A-Girls; At conclusion, A Girls’ individual awards and A boys’/girls’ team trophies
- Morning reminder: Eat a balanced breakfast you know your stomach can handle to ensure your body is fueled and ready to go for the race.
GO BENGALS! Run hard, be strong, think big.