Believe it or not, Crosstown is here. This will mark the end of the official high school season for our Junior Varsity runners and a send-off to state for the Varsity squads. The meet is Wednesday, Oct. 14 at Bill Roberts Golf Course, and begins at 3 p.m. with the middle school boys and girls race. Please arrive early to cheer on the future Bengals and Bruins, as our programs owe a lot to the work our middle school coaches and athletes put in. We will also spend some time before the races to recognize seniors from both Helena schools.
SENIOR DAY: The senior recognition ceremony will take place immediately after the middle school race. Senior runners and parents are asked to assemble near the arch with balloons by 3:30 pm. We’ve been asked to line up in alphabetical order (last name). Capital runners will go first followed by Helena High.
MEET INFO: Below, you’ll find meet information, including the school release time and other important details. At the bottom of this email, I will provide information about this week’s spaghetti feed when available.
Important Athlete Information
- Runners will be released from school at 1:45 p.m. and must find their own ride to Bill Roberts Golf Course. Try to arrive at the Golf Course by 2 p.m.
- Runners are required to stay at the golf course for the duration of the meet.
- Eat and hydrate properly throughout the day to ensure you’re not running on empty before the race.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring extra layers to ensure you’re not shivering or wet at the start of the race. Pack two trash bags – one to put over your backpack in the event of rain, and another to clean up after the meet.
- Wear your team gear (T-shirts and sweatshirts) throughout the meet to exhibit your school spirit and team pride.
- Pack your uniform and racing spikes or flats. This course consists of mostly grass with small sections of dirt trail. Spikes are recommended.
The meet schedule is posted below, so please review it and plan your eating and hydration accordingly.
- 3 p.m. – Middle School Boys and Girls
- 4:15 p.m. – High School Girls
- 4:45 p.m. – High School Boys
The spaghetti feed is hosted by the McNamara’s – the address is 16 Bitterroot Mnt Rd in Mt. City. Take the MT City exit and turn left over the freeway then the first right (Johns St by Papa Rays) proceed about a mile up the mountain and take a right on Bitterroot Mnt Rd – the house is at the end of the road – it’s gray with maroon trim.