Meet No. 5 is the Mountain West Classic, being held Saturday, September 28 at the University of Montana Golf Course in Missoula. Below, you’ll find meet information, including the schedule, bus leave time and other important details. This should be a fantastic and very competitive meet.
At the bottom of this email, I will provide information about this week’s spaghetti feed, when it becomes available.
Important Athlete Information
- Buses leaves Helena High School at 6 a.m. Saturday. SET YOUR ALARM AND DON’T BE LATE! It is imperative that we leave for Missoula on time.
- Pack a lunch, and also bring snacks, water/sports drink, and money for a meal on the return trip.
- Wear your team gear on the bus and throughout the meet to exhibit your school spirit and team pride.
- Pack your uniform and racing spikes or flats. This course consists of mostly grass with small sections of dirt trail. The course is moderate in difficulty with gradual incline/declines and one substantial hill. The altitude is 3,100 feet.
- The forecast looks cool and wet, so bring rain gear, a hat and gloves, and pack two trash bags – one to put over your backpack in the event of rain, and another to clean up after the meet.
- The meet schedule is posted below, so please review it and plan your eating and hydration accordingly.
- 9:30 am – JV Girls
- 10:15 am – JV Boys
- 11:00 am – Varsity Boys
- 11:45 am – Varsity Girls
- 12:20 pm – Middle School Boys (Race 1.3 miles)
- 12:45 pm – Middle School Girls (Race 1.3 miles)
This week’s spaghetti feed is being sponsored by Christine Roberts at 811 Lode St.