To build team camaraderie, see new places and have some fun this summer, we are planning a fun one-day team-building mini-camp on August 24. This will count as an official practice and it will provide our athletes – new and old – the opportunity to get to know their teammates and coaches better.
What to bring
- Positive attitude
- Running gear (of course)
- Swimsuit or post-run beach clothes – you will have an opportunity to change in privacy if needed
- Life jacket if you own one
- 7:30 a.m. – Meet at Costco parking lot to carpool (leave parking lot at 7:45 a.m.)
- 8:15 a.m. – Run – this is the practice part 😉 – at Black Sandy State Park
- There will be an 8-mile (Packs 2 and 3) and a 5-mile option (Pack 1): Both routes will be an out-and-back on Hauser Dam Road and the riverside trail beyond the dam. Click here to view the 8-mile route or view the image below.
- There are a couple technical and overgrown sections of the trail, which we will navigate slowly by slowing to a hike to ensure safety.
- Runners are encouraged to swim or wade in the river during or after the run to cool off.
- 10 a.m. – Rehydration and donuts/bagels/bananas post-run.
- 10:30 a.m. – Carpool to Olivia’s house on Hauser Lake
- 11 a.m. – Team talk/meeting (expectations, goals, nutrition, etc.)
- 11:30 a.m. – Team-building activities, lunch and leisure (Games/contests: watermelon eating contest, cheese puff toss, ladder ball, hula-hoop contest, Drip Drip Drop, spike ball, bocce ball)
- 3 p.m. – Return to town (Big Dipper) to volunteer at fundraiser fun-run