Can you believe it’s here? Crosstown will mark the end of the official high school season for our Junior Varsity runners and a send-off to state for the Varsity squads. The meet is Wednesday, Oct. 10 at Bill Roberts Golf Course, and begins at 3 p.m. with the middle school boys and girls race. Please arrive early to cheer on the future Bengals and Bruins, as our programs owe a lot to the work our middle school coaches and athletes put in. We will also spend some time before the races to recognize seniors from both Helena schools.
Below, you’ll find meet information, including the school release time and other important details. At the bottom of this email, I have provided information about this week’s spaghetti feed.
Important Athlete Information
- Runners will be released from school at 2:20 p.m. and must find their own ride to Bill Roberts Golf Course
- Runners are required to stay at the golf course for the duration of the meet.
- Eat and hydrate properly throughout the day to ensure you’re not running on empty before the race.
- Dress warm and bring extra layers to ensure you’re not shivering or wet at the start of the race. The current forecast is calling for a high of 40 degrees with a chance of rain. Pack two trash bags – one to put over your backpack in the event of rain, and another to clean up after the meet.
- Wear your team gear (T-shirts and sweatshirts) throughout the meet to exhibit your school spirit and team pride.
- Pack your uniform and racing spikes or flats. This course consists of mostly grass with small sections of dirt trail. Spikes are recommended.
- The meet schedule is posted below, so please review it and plan your eating and hydration accordingly.
- 3 p.m. – Middle School Boys and Girls
- 4:15 p.m. – High School Boys
- 4:45 p.m. – High School Girls
This week’s spaghetti feed will be hosted by the Taylors, who are located at 11 Howard Beer Rd. in Montana City. Take the Montana City exit, turn right, go up Jackson Creek Rd. until you reach Howard Beer Rd (about 3 miles). Take Howard Beer Rd. and the Taylors are the first house with the barn on the hill. Contact number is 406-459-7658 in case you get lost.