Meet No. 5 is the Capital City 7 of 7, being held Thursday, Oct. 4 at the Bill Roberts Golf Course in Helena. Below, you’ll find meet information, including school release time and other important details. This is a unique format, allowing all seven varsity runners an opportunity to contend for a top position in each race. The junior varsity competition is often referred to as the unofficial junior varsity state meet, as all 14 AA schools will face off.
At the bottom of this email, I have provided information about this week’s spaghetti feed.
Important Athlete Information
- Runners will be released from school at 10:45 a.m. and must find their own ride to Bill Roberts Golf Course
- Runners are required to stay at the golf course for the duration of the meet.
- Pack a lunch, and also bring snacks and water/sports drink.
- Wear your team gear (T-shirts and sweatshirts) throughout the meet to exhibit your school spirit and team pride.
- Pack your uniform and racing spikes or flats. This course consists of mostly grass with small sections of dirt trail. Spikes are recommended.
- The forecast looks cool/cold. Bring warm gear that you can layer, along with rain gear. Pack two trash bags – one to put over your backpack in the event of rain, and another to clean up after the meet.
- The meet schedule is posted below, so please review it and plan your eating and hydration accordingly.
- 11:30 a.m. – Walk Course
- 12:30 p.m. – AA J.V. Girls
- 1:05 p.m. – AA J.V. Boys
- 1:45 p.m. – #7 Runners Boys & Girls
- 2:15 p.m. – #6 Runners Boys & Girls
- 2:45 p.m. – #5 Runners Boys & Girls
- 3:15 p.m. – #4 Runners Boys & Girls
- 3:45 p.m. – #3 Runners Boys & Girls
- 4:15 p.m. – #2 Runners Boys & Girls
- 4:45 p.m. – #1 Runners Boys & Girls
The McNamara’s are hosting this week’s spaghetti feed on Wednesday night after practice. There are still quite a few things that need to be addressed on the volunteer link – if you are able please take a look and help where you can. The address is 16 Bitterroot Mountain Road in Montana City. Google directions take you to the wrong house so here’s the directions: Take the Montana City Exit off I15 – left over the freeway and then the first right turn (by Papa Rays) – proceed up the mountain about a mile and take a right on Bitterroot Mountain Rd – the house is at the end of the cul de sac on the right – phone 558-9334. Please make sure everything is delivered and ready to go by 4:30.