Meet No. 5 is the Mountain West Classic, being held Saturday, September 29 at the University of Montana Golf Course in Missoula. Below, you’ll find meet information, including the schedule, bus leave time and other important details. This should be a fantastic meet, as all about 80 high schools schools from Montana, Idaho and Washington will be in action.
At the bottom of this email, I have provided information about this week’s spaghetti feed.
Important Athlete Information
- Buses leaves Helena High School at 6 a.m. Saturday. SET YOUR ALARM AND DON’T BE LATE! It is imperative that we leave for Missoula on time.
- Pack a lunch, and also bring snacks, water/sports drink, and money for a meal on the return trip.
- Wear your team gear (T-shirts and sweatshirts) on the bus and throughout the meet to exhibit your school spirit and team pride.
- Pack your uniform and racing spikes or flats. This course consists of mostly grass with small sections of dirt trail. Short spikes are recommended. The course is moderate in difficulty with gradual incline/declines and one hill. The altitude is 3,100 feet.
- The forecast looks good, but bring rain gear, and pack two trash bags – one to put over your backpack in the event of rain, and another to clean up after the meet.
- The meet schedule is posted below, so please review it and plan your eating and hydration accordingly.
- 9:30 am – JV Girls
- 10:15 am – JV Boys
- 11:00 am – Varsity Boys
- 11:45 am – Varsity Girls
- 12:20 pm – Middle School Boys (Race 1.3 miles)
- 12:45 pm – Middle School Girls (Race 1.3 miles)
The Roush family is hosting the spaghetti feed at 910 Choteau St. on Friday after practice. The Roush’s phone number is 406-465-2311 if you get lost and need directions.