Meet No. 3 is Friday, September 14 in Great Falls at Anaconda Hills Golf Course, and below you’ll find meet information, including the schedule, bus leave time and other important details. Also, at the bottom of this email, I have provided information about this week’s spaghetti feed.
- Bus leaves Helena High School at 11:30 a.m. Friday. You will be released from class at 11:05 a.m., following third period. Please stay on campus after release to change and get loaded on the bus in a timely fashion.
- Pack a lunch, and also bring snacks, water/sports drink, and money for a meal on the return trip.
- Wear your team gear (T-shirts and sweatshirts) on the bus and throughout the meet to exhibit your school spirit and team pride.
- Pack your uniform and racing spikes or flats. This course is mostly on grass with some dirt path.
- The forecast looks good, but bring rain gear, and pack two trash bags – one to put over your backpack in the event of rain, and another to clean up after the meet.
- The meet schedule is posted below, so please review it and plan your eating and hydration accordingly. As you may notice, the varsity boys don’t run until 5:50 p.m. at the earliest, which is more than 6 hours after we depart Helena.
Tentative Schedule for the 2018 Great Falls Invite:
Junior Varsity: Standard invitational meet format.
- 3:00 p.m. small school/JV large schools girls’ race
- 3:40 p.m. small school/JV large schools boys’ race
Varsity: This is a unique meet format, as teams are split up in to race of two or four, meaning Helena runners will only be competing against Great Falls High, Missoula Big Sky and Fairfield.
- 4:20 p.m.: Girls Race 1 – Helena High, Great Falls, Big Sky, Fairfield
- 4:30 p.m.: Girls Race 2 – Capital High, CMR, Billings West, Corvallis
- 4:40 p.m.: Girls Race 3 – Hellgate, Bozeman, Billings Senior
- 4:55 p.m.: Boys Race 1 – Helena High, Great Falls, Big Sky, Fairfield
- 5:05 p.m.: Boys Race 2 – Capital High, CMR, Billings West, Corvallis
- 5:15 p.m.: Boys Race 3 – Hellgate, Bozeman, Billings Senior
This week’s spaghetti feed is hosted by the McKays. The address is 3530 Harmony Rd and the phone number is 465-0217, in case you get lost. Parents should plan on picking their non-drivers up from the feed. Because of homework and rest concerns, pick-up times should be arranged around 7:00 p.m.